Stopped In Our Tracks


Stopped In Our Tracks

Stories of U.G. In India from the Notebooks of K. Chandrasekhar
Translated and Edited by J.S.R.L. Narayana Moorty
 2d/3d Series


 




You Will Never Know a Jivanmukta


Q: What are the features of a Jivanmukta or a jnani or a yogi?

U.G.: I wish I knew. If a Jivanmukta is sitting right in front of you, you will never know. You have no way of knowing whether a man is a Jivanmukta. You have a definition, a behavior pattern. If he fits into that framework you call him a Jivanmukta. If there is anyone like that, he will never know that he is a self-realized man or a Jivanmukta.

You have been told by somebody that I am a Jivanmukta. I may be a phony, a clever chap. I have picked up the art of elocution and all that. I have travelled around the world. Any actor could do that. How would you know?





Blogger